Our Commitment to Your Artwork
All the materials we use in framing artwork are 100% archival.
- Crescent 100% cotton museum mat board
- Acid free backing material
- Our glass of choice is True-vue Conservation Clear, blocking 99% of UV rays
- Other glass options include regular clear glass, True-Vue Conservation Reflection Control, Museum Glass, and a variety of acrylics.
Our Commitment to the Environment
At Salt Bay Framers, we strive to incorporate sustainable practices.
- We use domestically produced frame materials from certified sustainable forestry practices
- Cotton rag mat board is produced from a sustainable row crop, as opposed to paper
- We have taken measures to reduce our waste stream. Return the plastic bags that we deliver you artwork in for a quarter back and we will reuse or recycle them. Cardboard, glass and aluminum from metal frames are all taken to the local transfer station for recycling.
Our Commitment to the Community
We are dedicated to giving back to the community, and are long-time supporters of the Pemaquid Watershed Association, community theater, kids’ causes, marriage equality, and others.
About Diane and Brad
Diane was an elementary school teacher for 28 years before “retiring” to join Brad in the shop. Brad, a photographer, has been framing artwork since he was in college. He sees framing as a rewarding way to be involved in the arts community.