Our Commitment to Your Artwork
All the materials we use in framing artwork are 100% archival.
- Crescent 100% cotton museum mat board
- Acid free backing material
- Our glass of choice is True-vue Conservation Clear, blocking 99% of UV rays
- Other glass options include regular clear glass, True-Vue Conservation Reflection Control, Museum Glass, and a variety of acrylics.
Our Commitment to the Environment
At Salt Bay Framers, we strive to incorporate sustainable practices.
- We use domestically produced frame materials from certified sustainable forestry practices
- Cotton rag mat board is produced from a sustainable row crop, as opposed to paper
- We have taken measures to reduce our waste stream. Return the plastic bags that we deliver you artwork in for a quarter back and we will reuse or recycle them. Cardboard, glass and aluminum from metal frames are all taken to the local transfer station for recycling.
Our Commitment to the Community
We are dedicated to giving back to the community, and are long-time supporters of the Pemaquid Watershed Association (now Coastal Rivers), community theater, kids’ causes, marriage equality, and others.
Mike Nussbaum (above right) recently took over the business from long-time owners Brad and Diane Perry.